Rebound Technology Group Holdings LTD (“Rebound”)
Registered Address: Rivergate House, Newbury Business Park, London Road, RG14 2PZ Newbury. UK Phone: +44 (0)1635 555999
We know privacy is important to you, and we are committed to protecting your personal information when you engage with our group of companies.
Rebound Technology Group Holdings Ltd is a UK registered company. The regulatory supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”).
We have several companies within the Rebound Group. Some within the European Union (“EU”) and some worldwide, all of which are part of Rebound Technology Group Holdings Ltd.
This Privacy Notice explains how a company collects and uses and protects your personal data, and not the data relating to the organisation you may work with or for. We also describe how you can make choices and take control.
Scope of this Notice
This Privacy Notice describes how we treat personal information collected on websites and applications where we include an authorised link or reference to it. We follow this Notice in accordance with all applicable laws, including those concerning the protection of personal information such as the EU & UK General Data Protection Regulations.
Please keep in mind that our websites and applications may contain hyperlinks to third party sites or platforms The personal information the third-party site or platform collects is subject to the third-party site or platforms privacy practices. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our websites or applications and to read the privacy notices of other sites that may collect your personal information.
Who are we?
We have several companies within the Rebound Group. Some within the European Union (“EU”) and some worldwide, all of which are part of Rebound Technology Group Holdings Ltd. When you interact with one of our websites or applications, your personal information is controlled by a Rebound entity. Different Rebound entities may be the data controller of your personal information. For example , if you register your email on our French website, the Rebound entity listed next to that country name will be the controller of that personal information (e.g. Rebound France).
What personal information do we collect about you?
1. Information you provide us
How do we collect your information?
We may collect information from you when you:
- When you talk with our teams on the telephone, via email, business card, or any other form of electronic data system.
- Request a reimbursement or accept an incentive in the form of cashback offers, online vouchers or coupons.
- When you enter a competition/provide your details at a trade show in return for an entry/service
- Sign up for our email newsletters and other notifications.
- Register on one of our websites or applications.
- Interact with us on social media.
- Follow us, share our content or log into social media on our websites.
- When you buy products or services from us.
- When you sell products or services to us.
- Participate in a survey.
- When you ask us for more information about a product or service or contact us with a question or complaint.
- Otherwise provide it to us.
What type of information is being collected.
In doing so, we may ask for:
- Identifiers and contact information such as name, username, email address, postal address, post code, telephone number, gender, age, date of birth.
- Government issued identification.
- Proof of purchase such as a supermarket ticket or receipt
- Payment information. This includes your credit card number and billing information.
- Social media profile: profile information, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you allow the social network to share with third parties.
- Choices concerning direct marketing notifications and online advertising preferences.
- Any content produced and shared by you on our websites, applications or social media pages. For example, your comments, opinions, chats, voice recordings, photos and videos.
What type of information is being collected and for what purpose?
In order to process your personal information, we must determine a legal basis which is connected to the purpose behind its collection. Please note below all purposes and corresponding legal bases.
|Responding to your inquiries and requests.||Legitimate interest.|
|Allowing you to participate in promotions and loyalty programs.||Contract|
|Processing payment for products you buy from us.||Contract|
|Understanding and assessing consumer trends such as interests and needs via surveys.||Legitimate interest.|
|Notifying you of changes in our Terms and Conditions or changes to this Privacy Notice.||Legitimate interest.|
|Providing you with direct marketing communications. For example sending you email marketing or push notifications.||Consent|
|Serving tailored online advertising. For example, sharing an identifier with social media companies to identify you or people who have similar interests to you, so that interest-based advertising can be served.||Consent|
|Quality control and training purposes. For example, recording consumer interactions such as emails, helpline telephone calls, and logs.||Legitimate interest.|
|Complying with legal obligations. For example, enforcing our terms and conditions, protection of general operations and property and enforcing our responsibilities under applicable law.||Legitimate interest and/or Legal Obligations|
|Authenticating the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone or other electronic means.||Legitimate interest.|
|Technical support. For example, in the event of technical website and application malfunction to find the cause and remediation.||Legitimate interest.|
|Security purposes. For example, detecting threats and protecting against malicious or fraudulent activity.||Legitimate interest.|
|Processing the goods and services you buy from us, and keeping you updated with your order progress.||Contract|
|Processing the goods and services we buy from you.||Contract|
2. Information we collect passively
What type of information is being collected?
In doing so we may collect the following information:
- Information about your use and navigation on our websites and applications; for example, the website you came from, the web pages you visited the most, the number of times you watch a video or interact with an image.
- Information about device data such as device id, brand, name, model, operating system, platform and screen resolution.
- Information about prior participation on promotions or contests; for example, type of promotion, associated website, product or brand.
- Information about your interactions with marketing communications; for example, if you completed a specific action after receiving a marketing email, or if you forwarded the email or shared it on social media.
- Location data such as an IP address, city, country, region
How do we collect your information?
When you visit our websites or applications, we may collect information via tracking technologies such as cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and other embedded scripts:
What personal data do we hold, why and where?
We hold personal data so that we can stay in touch with you whilst we trade with active contractual agreements, we may have with you and the company you may represent. We will also retain personal details so that we may have reference to you should we trade again in the future.
We hold minimal amounts of personal data about you; your name and contact information, provided by you or the organisation you may work for. The lawful basis for holding this information is ‘contract’.
This information is stored in our Global Trading system which is hosted in the EU.
What purpose do we use your information for?
Tracking technologies may be used for different purposes including providing you with tailored advertising and collecting analytics.
For the majority of tracking technologies used, we rely on your consent as the lawful basis for processing your personal data. There are also some essential tracking technologies that are permitted to be used without consent, such as those essential for the correct operation of the website or necessary to provide key website features.
You can enable and disable these technologies (except when deemed required for the website or application functioning) via different routes which are further explained on the How can you control your information? Section.
3. Information we collect from third parties
What type of information is being collected and for what purpose?
In doing so we may process primarily contact, demographic and lifestyle information with the purpose of delivering tailored online advertising. For example, we would be able to identify groups of individuals that are more likely to purchase a specific product brand, by analysing their online browsing and buying behaviours.
How do we collect your information?
We may also receive information about you from data analytics and consumer credit reporting companies. For example, third party companies in the business of collecting and aggregating information about you, sourced from publicly available registers (collected in line with legal requirements) or provided by you, with your informed consent.
Do we collect sensitive information from you?
Certain types of personal information require additional protections under data protection laws. These sensitive types of personal information relate to race, ethnicity, religion, health, sexuality or biometric information.
Rebound will only process sensitive personal information about you where it is strictly necessary to do so, and only with your consent. For example, when dealing with your enquiries, you may disclose health information, and/or information that may indicate your religious beliefs.
Who will your information be shared with?
As a large company with a global presence, we share your personal information internally and with third parties for the purposes described above. We would typically share your information with:
We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. This includes third parties that enable us to answer your inquiries, provide consumer services, enable you to participate in our promotions, fulfil your orders, process your payments, deliver our services, hosting our websites, deliver marketing communications, and analysing information. We may also share your information with third parties that co-sponsor promotional activities.
Rebound websites and applications may share online identifiers with online platforms such as social media or ad tech companies to serve you tailored online advertising and for analytic purposes.
We may share your personal information within the Rebound Data Controllers for operational and business purposes.
We may share your personal information:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- In connection with a legal proceeding.
- At the request of law enforcement authorities or other government agencies conducting an investigation.
- If we consider, negotiate or complete a corporate transaction of any nature, including the sale or disposal of one or more brands or business.
- With companies who help us protect our property and rights.
- To protect the safety of third parties such as website or application users, property visitors and the general public.
How can you control your information?
Direct marketing communications via email
You can ask us to stop emailing you marketing and promotional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in all such communications.
Via your mobile settings you may control:
- Geolocation tracking, by turning off location services.
- Photo, video, and voice recording, by turning off the access to camera.
- Push notification, by turning off ‘allow notifications’
More information about mobile privacy controls available to you via the links below:
Cookies and other similar technologies
Most browsers allow you to set an alert each time a cookie is placed on your computer, block and/or disable existing cookies. Generally, you can do this via the browser settings and preferences. More information can be found via the links below:
Alternatively, you can disable cookies via our consent tool that will pop up upon entering our website – “Cookie Preferences”.
Please note that:
- Blocking or disabling cookies may impact your user experience resulting in website features not functioning as originally designed.
- Opting out from advertising and functional cookies means that our websites will not track your online behaviour. However, this won’t always result in you seeing less Rebound advertising, only that the advertising you receive will not be tailored to your interests and preferences.
Web storage objects (also known as Flash cookies) are a web storage mechanism that allows the storing of data on a client’s browsers. The data may persist after you navigate away from the website.
Please note that:
- Deleting cookies does not automatically delete web storage objects. To manage Flash Cookies, you need to use the settings manager on Adobe’s website.
- Disabling web storage objects may result in you not being able to use certain website/ application features and information.
Internet based advertising
There are various standards available to allow you to opt out from internet-based advertising, as web browsers can transmit signals that indicate a user does not wish to be tracked. More information about available standards can be found via the links below:
- NAI – Network Advertising Initiative
- DAA – Digital Advertising Alliance
- Your Online Choices
- DNT – Do Not Track
Please note that:
No standard is universally accepted for explaining web browsers signals.
For the opt outs to be effective, you may need to:
- Opt out on each browser or device you wish to use.
- Set your browser to accept cookies.
Your rights over personal information
If you live in the European Economic Area or the UK, or are physically in the European Economic Area or the UK, you may request to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you.
- Delete your personal information.
- Correct or update your personal information.
- Move, copy or have your personal information transmitted electronically.
- Restrict processing of your personal information
- Withdraw any consent you have given in relation to your personal information.
- Object to certain types of processing (e.g., for example, request us to stop sending you email marketing)
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, you can raise a request by filling in the webform available via this link – https://reboundeu.com/contact/
Do we transfer your personal information internationally?
In order to accomplish the different purposes described above, we may transfer your personal information to a country other than the one in which it was originally collected. For example, you may provide your contact information via one of our UK websites, and this information may be transferred to the United States for hosting purposes.
When we transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area or UK, whether within the Rebound group of companies or to a third party, we will only transfer such personal information:
- to a country whose privacy regulation offers an adequate level of protection
- where we have put in place an appropriate data transfer mechanism, such as contractual protections (known as standard contractual clauses)
You may request a copy of any transfer mechanisms under which any personal information is transferred outside of the European Union or UK by clicking here.
How long do you keep my personal information for?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We will define the appropriate retention criteria, considering:
- Record maintenance needs for analysis and/or audit purposes. For example, if you provide your personal information to enter a promotion, we will generally only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the administration of that promotion. Or, if you sign up for marketing communications, we will keep your personal information until such time as you request that your information is deleted or we consider your consent to have expired.
- Compliance with record retention requirements under the law
- Defending or bringing any existing or potential legal claims
- Dealing with any complaints
What if I am under 16?
We understand the need to provide additional protections to protect the privacy and safety of children when using our websites and applications.
Most of our websites and activities are intended to be used by individuals who are 16 years and above.
As required by applicable law, if one of our websites or applications is intended for younger audiences, we will request consent from parents or legal guardians before collecting any personal information.
If you are aged under 16, please ask your parent or legal guardian for permission before you provide us any personal information and consider the terms of this privacy notice carefully.
How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about our handling of your personal information:
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal data, you also have the right to complain to the relevant EU/UK data protection supervisory authority. You can find the details of your relevant supervisory authority here.
California specific notices
California “Shine the Light” Law
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us twice per year for information about our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To make a request, please contact us at email@example.com, or write to us at the relevant address listed below:
Rebound America, Texas Sales Office
Office 561, Regus Austin Arboretum Plaza, 9442 Capital of Texas Highway North, Plaza 1, Suite 500, Austin, Texas 78759
Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than by the means specified in this section, if the request is not labelled or sent properly, or if the request does not have complete information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
We have explained our privacy practices in full in the other sections of this Notice. In this section, we provide a list of categories of personal information, as set forth in the CCPA, that have been collected, disclosed for business purposes, shared for cross-context behavioural advertising, or sold for commercial purposes during the preceding 12 months, as well as certain other supplemental information. Some of these categories of personal information that we collect may include information that is considered sensitive under the CCPA. Please see the other sections of this Notice for additional information about our practices and your rights.
|Category of personal information||Explanation|
|Identifiers, such as your name, street address, phone number, IP address, or email address||We may use this information to respond to your questions, to enable you to participate in our programs (including sweepstakes or contests), to process your registration with sites and apps, and for other business purposes.|
|Commercial information, such as a record of your purchases||We may use your information to provide you with products, to identify other products and offers that may be relevant to you, and for other business purposes.|
|Biometric information, such as voice recordings, images, and information about your physical activities that you provide||We use this information to provide you products and the Services and for our other business purposes, such as when we capture voice recordings as part of our customer support.|
|Internet and electronic network activity information, such as information about your interactions with our Services||We may use this information to improve our Services, to better understand the visitors who come to our Services and what content is of interest to them, and for other business purposes.|
|Precise geolocation information, using technologies such as GPS or Wi-Fi||We may use this information to improve the quality, security, and relevance of our Services to our visitors and for other business purposes.|
|Other electronic information, including information you post in a public space on our site (such as videos or photos)||We may use this information to provide the services you ask for on our Services, as part of sweepstakes or other competitions, and for other business purposes.|
|Inferences about you||We may use this information to personalize your experience with us, and for other business purposes.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable state or federal law, such as your gender||We may use this information for our equal employment opportunity program, and for other business purposes.|
As discussed in the other sections of this Notice, we collect these categories of information from you, through our interactions with you and others, and from third parties, and we disclose these categories of personal information within the Rebound family of companies and brands, to business partners and third-party vendors that provide us hosting, advertising, and other services, to advertising and analytics partners, and as needed to comply with legal process.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to third parties with whom you interact and third parties that you direct us to disclose your information to through our Services. We may also disclose personal information with third parties in various additional ways, as described elsewhere in this Notice.
In California, you may have certain additional rights under applicable law, in addition to your rights to access, correct, and delete your personal information as described above.
In California, you also may have:
- The right to request other information about our data processing practices, including the categories of personal information that have been collected about you; the categories of sources from which personal information are collected; our business or commercial purpose for collecting, using, disclosing, selling or sharing personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we disclose, sell or share personal information; and the categories of personal information we have disclosed, sold or shared about you for a business purpose.
- The right to direct us to limit the use and disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information to certain uses and disclosures, such as those that are reasonably necessary to provide our goods and services or as needed to ensure security and integrity; to prevent fraud or illegal activity; or for physical safety.
If you would like to exercise these rights under applicable state privacy laws, you or your authorized agent have two options for doing so:
Call Us: You may call us on, + 1 512 710 3944; or
Send an email: You may email us on, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale or sharing. Over the past 12 months, we have worked with advertising partners who assist us with our targeted advertising activities, who may have had access to identifiers, Internet and other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and other personal information.
To the extent we collect precise geolocation information for purposes of performing a Service you have requested, we may be deemed to be collecting data that is “sensitive” under California law.
Our use of this data for performing a Service you have requested is consistent with the permitted business purposes in California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq. and implementing regulations.
If you do not wish for us to sell or share your personal information for targeted advertising purposes, you can opt out by submitting your request through our contact form located here.
|Name||Region||Postal Address||Phone Number|
|Jeff Brind||United Kingdom||Rebound Electronics (UK) Ltd, Rivergate House, Newbury Business Park, London Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2PZ||Jeff.email@example.com||+44 (0) 1635 283518|
|Sue Farley||United Kingdom||Rebound Electronics (UK) Ltd,
|Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org||+44 (0) 1635 555993|