What are cookies and similar technologies?
Cookies and web storage objects are pieces of information, consisting of letters and numbers downloaded by your web browser and place on a computer’s hard drive.
Cookies transmit information from you to us (or vice versa), or from you to another party acting on our behalf. For example, we may want to track how you interact with Rebound ads on social media platforms, and whether you visited our website after seeing our ad.
- To provide you tailored advertising:
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to show you ads that are more relevant to you. We may share this information with advertisers or use it to better understand your interests. For example, Advertising Cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or allow you to post comments on our site.
- To improve your website experience:
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to analyse your use of the site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better experience on this site. For example, remembering your log-in details, saving what is in your shopping cart, or providing us information about how our site is used.
- To provide you with essential website features:
- Required cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of this site to function, such as providing secure log-in, remembering how far you are through an order or providing you with security measures to protect you against spam.
How to exercise your cookie choices?
You are in control. There are number of ways for you to be alerted of cookies, disable, and block them.
Direct marketing communications via email
You can ask us to stop emailing you marketing and promotional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in all such communications.
Via your mobile settings you may control:
- Geolocation tracking, by turning off location services.
- Photo, video, and voice recording, by turning off the access to camera.
- Push notification, by turning off ‘allow notifications’
More information about mobile privacy controls available to you via the links below:
Cookies and other similar technologies
Most browsers allow you to set an alert each time a cookie is placed on your computer, block and/or disable existing cookies. Generally, you can do this via the browser settings and preferences. More information can be found via the links below:
Alternatively, you can disable cookies via our consent tool that will pop up upon entering our website – “Cookie Preferences”.
Please note that:
- Blocking or disabling cookies may impact your user experience resulting in website features not functioning as originally designed.
- Opting out from advertising and functional cookies means that our websites will not track your online behaviour. However, this won’t always result in you seeing less Rebound advertising, only that the advertising you receive will not be tailored to your interests and preferences.
Web storage objects (also known as Flash cookies) are a web storage mechanism that allows the storing of data on a client’s browsers. The data may persist after you navigate away from the website.
Please note that:
- Deleting cookies does not automatically delete web storage objects. To manage Flash Cookies, you need to use the settings manager on Adobe’s website.
- Disabling web storage objects may result in you not being able to use certain website/ application features and information.
Internet based advertising
There are various standards available to allow you to opt out from internet-based advertising, as web browsers can transmit signals that indicate a user does not wish to be tracked. More information about available standards can be found via the links below:
- NAI – Network Advertising Initiative
- DAA – Digital Advertising Alliance
- Your Online Choices
- DNT – Do Not Track
Please note that:
No standard is universally accepted for explaining web browsers signals.
For the opt outs to be effective, you may need to:
- Opt out on each browser or device you wish to use.
- Set your browser to accept cookies.
Your rights over personal information
If you live in the European Economic Area or the UK, or are physically in the European Economic Area or the UK, you may request to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you.
- Delete your personal information.
- Correct or update your personal information.
- Move, copy or have your personal information transmitted electronically.
- Restrict processing of your personal information
- Withdraw any consent you have given in relation to your personal information.
- Object to certain types of processing (e.g., for example, request us to stop sending you email marketing)
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, you can raise a request by filling in the webform available via this link – https://reboundeu.com/contact/
Rebound cookies and similar technologies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies stored when a user visits this website:
|Cookie Name:||Set By:||Purpose:||More Info:|
|Rebound||These cookies may be used to keep track of the current user’s session – for example to provide specific functionality to certain visitors, such as logged in users. Some parts of the website may not function correctly if these cookies are not stored.|
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
‘Functionality’ cookies stored when a user visits this website and accepts to cookies.
|Cookie Name:||Set By:||Purpose:||More Info:|
|Rebound||These cookies are stored if you leave a comment on our blog. This is purely for the purposes of storing your name, email address, and URL so that you do not have to re-enter them on future occasions. They are not used for any other purpose.||More Info »|
|hide_cookies_message||Rebound||This cookie is stored to prevent the bottom right message about cookies from appearing again, once it has been viewed initially. The cookie is deleted automatically if you close your web browser, so the message will display again if the site is subsequently visited.|
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
|_gid||.reboundeu.com||Stores and counts page views.|
|.reboundeu.com||Stores and counts page views.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_*||.reboundeu.com||Stores a unique user ID.|
|.reboundeu.com||Used to store a user’s language preference. E.g. to ensure they see the Japanese site if they have previously chosen to.|
|dismissed_cookie_notice||.reboundeu.com||Used to store whether or not a user has dismissed the cookie notice.|
|.reboundeu.com||These cookies are used to provide web chat and contact form services via Smartsupp.|
If a user chooses to opt out of cookies or does not interact with the notice then the only cookies that may be dropped are those that are deemed to provide essential services. These are:
None contain personal information.
In addition, if you wish to opt out of statistics being collected by Google Analytics, you can download a plugin provided by Google. To opt out of cookies being set by any third parties for online behavioural advertising, please visit: Your Online Choices (UK)
Please note that we do not have control over any cookies set by third party services. Therefore, the cookies stored by these services may vary from those shown above, and may change over time. If you would like to find out more about cookies set by these services and how to manage them, you are encouraged to view the privacy policies for these services.
Further Sources of Information
If you would like further information about cookies, please see the sources of information below: